MADRID: Barcelona captain Lionel Messi won’t make a trip to the United States for the club’s pre-season visit subsequent to supporting a calf issue on his arrival to preparing from a nearby season break, the La Liga champions said on Monday.
The Argentine forward experienced distress in his correct leg during Monday’s instructional course and tests affirmed that the 32-year-old had endured an evaluation one calf strain, compelling him out of the visit.
“Messi will stay in Barcelona… his accessibility to return to activity will be directed by his recuperation,” Barcelona said in an announcement on their site.
Barcelona are set to make a trip to the US later on Monday, with two neighborly matches planned against Italian Serie A side Napoli on Aug. 7 (Miami) and 10 (Michigan).
Messi was restricted from worldwide obligation for a quarter of a year and fined $50,000 subsequent to leveling allegations of “defilement” at South American soccer boss during a month ago’s Copa America.
He was sent off against Chile in the third-place playoff and later affirmed that the competition had been fixed for hosts Brazil, who crushed Argentina in the semi-last on their way to the title.